Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Operation A.B.L.E. have MA locations outside of Suffolk County?
- Does Operation A.B.L.E. operate in states other than Massachusetts?
- How can I search for jobs on your website?
- Are you an employment agency?
- I am seeking employment opportunities for older adult veterans. Can you help?
- Are there free training classes available through Operation A.B.L.E.?
- Now that I’ve registered for an Information Session, will you send me additional information prior to attendance?
- What do I need to do in order to sign up for the Medical & Healthcare Office Training?
- Is there a cost associated with programs offered through Operation A.B.L.E.? If so, how much?
A: Yes, but limited to our SCSEP program
- If you are 55 or older, unemployed, and meet certain income guidelines, you could be eligible for our Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) offered in Suffolk, Middlesex, Essex, Norfolk and Worcester Counties. SCSEP offices are located in Worcester, Framingham, Leominster, Southbridge, Danvers and Boston. Contact Operation ABLE SCSEP Project Manager Dave Bassett at firstname.lastname@example.org 617-542-4180 x132.
- For all other services (counseling, training, workshops, events, etc.), you will need to visit our North Station location at 174 Portland Street, 5th Floor, Boston.
- Operation A.B.L.E. also operates in New Hampshire. Our office is located at 228 Maple Street in Manchester, NH. For further information, please contact Dan Hobbs at email@example.com.
- There is another Operation A.B.L.E. which is located in Michigan, though NOT associated with Operation A.B.L.E. of Greater Boston or of New England. Operation A.B.L.E. of Michigan is an Affiliated Company of Spectrum Human Services, Inc. You can contact them at 313.832.0922 or email them at ability@OperationABLE.org.
- In addition, there is an organization in Vermont with a similar mission of serving job seekers 55 and older called Associates for Training and Development. They have a number of locations and can be reached at 800.524.3200 or toll-free at 800.439.3307 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can find your state’s employment resources here.
A: Go to our website, click on Job Seekers, click on ABLE-Friendly Employers.
- There are links to the job boards of the companies listed.
- Operation A.B.L.E. is a training and resource for job seekers 45 and older.
A: Yes, we can!
- For veterans who need job training or job retraining, Operation A.B.L.E. can help by offering classroom training, job search and resources. Veterans are invited to attend a FREE Information Session offered every Wednesday at 10am at Operation A.B.L.E. headquarters, 174 Portland Street, 5th floor (near North Station and TD Garden). More here.
- Information Sessions are FREE, but all training programs require tuition payment. However, many students are able to access tuition assistance through a number of sources. More information is available at our FREE Wednesday Information Sessions at our Boston headquarters, 174 Portland Street, 5th floor (near North Station and TD Garden). Learn more here.
7. Now that I’ve registered for a FREE Information Session, will you send me additional information prior to attendance?
- We’ll explain our programs, processes and next steps at the FREE Information Session. In the meantime, feel free to visit the Information Session webpage.
- Directions to your session can be found here.
- We ask that you leave yourself enough time to get to the session as parking and traffic can be unpredictable. The sessions start promptly at 10:00 am.
A: You must first attend an INFORMATION SESSION.
- These sessions are available FREE of charge every Wednesday held at 10am at our Boston headquarters, 174 Portland Street, 5th floor (near North Station and TD Garden). Learn more.
A: Costs for Operation A.B.L.E. programs vary.
- In many circumstances, funding and scholarships are available. We will work with you relative to your financial needs. Attend a FREE Information Session to learn more.
Send additional questions to Able@OperationAble.net.